I am delighted to be offering individual sessions in body-focused therapy for people seeking to heal and integrate trauma, and cultivate wellbeing and resilience in their everyday lives. Sessions are online via Zoom or in-person in the Northern Rivers, NSW.
I recognise that individual therapy is not readily accessible or affordable for many, particularly those who experience systemic oppression and disadvantage. Fees are offered on a sliding scale based on each person’s genuine capacity to pay, within a range of $60 – $130AUD per hour session. Please reach out via the Expression of Interest form below or emailing me at email@example.com.
My training, experience and approach
A qualified somatic trauma therapist, social worker and experienced yoga facilitator/trainer, I have over twenty years of experience with contemplative, somatic and social justice practices, and fifteen years of experience working in direct practice with groups and individuals within cross-cultural community development, youth work, social work, birth work, organisational management and leadership, somatic and trauma-informed yoga facilitation, and therapy.
I work in a way that is embodied and collaborative, recognising the inherent connection between individual and collective healing. I am dedicated to meeting each person where they are at, and honouring each person’s inherent wisdom, unique lived experience, needs, and desires as they show up in our bodies, psyches and spirits.
My training includes:
- BA in Development Studies & Environmental Studies (socio-political geography)
- Master of Social Work (with a focus on social justice, trauma and counselling)
- Somatic Experiencing (3 year practitioner training)
- Polyvagal-Informed Movement Therapy/Somatic Trauma Therapy (Amber Gray)
- Trauma-Informed Yoga (experienced TIY facilitator and trainer, Trauma Centre Trauma-Sensitive Yoga 300hr training 2020)
- Embodied Flow Yoga (certified facilitator)
- Embodied Flow Somatic Movement Therapy
- Yoga Nidra: iRest Yoga Nidra (Level 1), Amrit Yoga Nidra (certified facilitator)
- Contemplative Meditation and Movement Practices (Mindfulness, Contemplative and Compassion-based Meditation, Yoga, Breathwork, Mantra and Sound, Eastern philosophies and frameworks)
- Continuum (breath, sound and movement meditation)
- Foundational training in Narrative Therapy
- Extensive and ongoing personal learning, peer and professional supervision
What will the sessions involve?
In each session, we will work together with what is showing up in the present moment for healing, integration and resiliency. We define the direction of the work together, drawing on the range of tools and practices outlined above. This may look different for each individual and across each session.
With a primarily body-focused approach, the work may also include elements of psychoeducation, talk therapy, expressive arts therapy and touch.
This work offers the opportunity to:
- Cultivate body awareness, connection and belonging
- Build resiliency and resources for daily living
- Integrate and heal traumatic experiences
- Support your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing
- Understand, repattern and work effectively with your own nervous system
- Explore the connection of body, mind, heart and spirit
- Deepen your sense of self, personal agency and place in the world
- Support healthy boundaries and relationships to cultivate your capacity for authentic connection
- Establish simple and effective practices for daily self-care and wellbeing
EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST / REFERRALS
Please complete the form via the button below, outlining your interesting in working with me or if you wish to make a referral, and we can arrange an initial phone/whatsapp conversation to speak further.